Monday, January 9, 2012

Personal Betterment Program

Mmk. So for my personal learning plan I've come up with, you know, a few things. I want to gain Shakespeare literacy by reading more of Shakespeare's works. . . duh. A new enjoyment of analyzing and picking apart literature has slowly and pretty recently developed in my life and Shakespeare is my new practice ground. And I LOVE watching live performances. It's gonna be good. Um, what else...oh yeah, I want to learn more about who he was cause I know that will help me to understand why he did the things he did and wrote the plays he did, etc.

Analyze Shakespeare critically. . . I'll analyze him? Jk. I'm gonna go deeper than just reading the events. I'm going to understand themes of his plays, context, all that good stuff. I want to be able to come to know good old Willy better by viewpoints that I see in his plays and common themes that he has. You can tell a lot about a person from the things they produce.

Engage Shakespeare creatively. . . oh dear. I'm not the best at being geniusly creative. (Did you see that new word?) But I'm going to try to come up with something unique. . . and personal. . .

Share Shakespeare meaningfully. Hm. You know, I've got some cute younger brothers and sisters that I'm sure would LOVE to hear Shakespeare's stories. . . ooo, maybe I could make a children's book. . . not a bad idea. . .

Gain digital literacy. Well, here we are. Me and my new blog! I'll be better at it in the future, I promise.

And just some other things I've been thinking about. I'm taking a class on Shakespeare because I want to, so I need to make sure that I remember that throughout this semester. I need to remember to look at doing the homework is an opportunity to expand my horizons, not as a chore. Reading Shakespeare plays is not a chore, right? And hey, if I'm going to dedicate part of my life to learning Shakespeare, I want to be more sophisticated from it :) And I want to put real effort into this class. It really is a waste of time to take a class and just do the minimum. I want to actually be a better, more well-rounded person from taking this class. Shakespeare is just great! I'm super excited to be able to learn more about life through his works.

Goals, goals, goals! Not just words, words, words :)

No comments:

Post a Comment